Co-rotating twin-screw extruder: Due to the co-rotating twin-screw has the opposite speed at the meshing point, one screw pulls the material into the meshing gap, and the other screw pushes the material out of the gap, resulting in material from one screw turns to the other screw and advances in a “∞” shape. Since the gap of the meshing zone is small, the speed of the meshing screw and the groove are opposite in direction, so that the cutting speed is high, and the self-cleaning effect is good, that is, any accumulated material adhering to the screw can be scraped off, thereby The residence time of the material is very short, so the twin-screw extruder is mainly used for compounding and pelletizing.
The Applications of Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruder
- Glass fiber reinforced, fuel barrier palletizing (For example PA6, PA66, PET, PBT, PP, and PC reinforced flame retardant)
- Highly filled material granulation (For example PE, PP filled with 75%CaCo)
- Granulation of heat-sensitive materials (For example PVC, XLPE cable material)
- Intense color masterbatch (For example filled with 50% color powder)
- Antistatic masterbatches, alloys, coloring, low-fill co-mingling granulation
- Cable material granulation (For example sheathing material and insulation material)
- XLPE pipe material granulation (For example masterbatches for hot water crosslinking)
- Thermoset plastic compounding and extrusion (For example phenolic resin, epoxy resin, and powder coating)
- Hot melt adhesive, PU reactive extrusion palletizing (For example EVA hot melt adhesive and polyurethane)
- K resin, SBS de-volatile granulation
The maintenance of Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruder
- After 500 hours of use, the gearbox will have iron filings or other impurities ground down by the gears, so the gears should be cleaned and the gearbox lubricant replaced at the same time.
- After a period of time, a thorough inspection of the extruder should be done to check the tightness of all screws.
- If the power is suddenly cut off during production and the main drive and heating stop, when the power is restored, each section of the barrel must be reheated to the specified temperature and held for a period of time before the extruder can be started.
- If you find the meter, the pointer’s steering fullness, you should check whether the thermocouple and other edge lines are contacted well.
THE ADVANTAGES OF TWIN SCREW EXTRUSION
Twin screw extrusion has become the standard over time in several industries because it offers numerous advantages over single screw extrusion:
More consistency in production and control of product quality
Increased productivity due to continuous processing, faster start up and shut down between product changes, quick changeover and advanced automation
Greater flexibility, with the capability to process a wide range of raw materials
Optimized footprint thanks to energy and water savings
Simple and easy to maintain and clean